Order and Delivery
Just call us or write an email and we will help you: email@example.com or +45 31 19 02 01 (Mon-Fri 09-16). You need a VAT number to order industry sizes.
In general Europe and the USA. But if you wish your products delivered to other countries, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will help you: firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 31 19 0201 (Mon-Fri 09-16).
Spent grain is actually just "used grain" - a byproduct in connection with brewing beer.
The primary ingredient in beer brewing is malt. Malt is germinated grain, typically from barley – but other types of grains can also be used.
The grain is broken down by grinding the kernels, while the husk remains intact. The crushed malt is mixed with water, which is gradually heated to break down the starch in the grain into sugars, which will be used for beer fermentation. Once the breweries have extracted the starch and sugars from the grains, they no longer need them in the further beer brewing.
We collect the spent grain from local Danish breweries and gently dry and mill them in our factory. After that we compose the different grains according to the flour variant to obtain their unique aromas.
Just grains. Depending on the variant, the flours contain upcycled barley malt, wheat malt, rye malt or oat malt.
No. The breweries just need the starch from the grains to brew beer. After extracting the starch, the spent grains are not needed anymore in the further brewing of beer.
No. What you will taste are their unique aromas. Depending on the grain composition and the flour variants they range from a mild taste of cereal from a delicate and slightly sweet aroma of caramel and nuts and even intense notes of roasted grain, coffee and chocolate.
No. Our flour is a supplemental flour that replaces between 10 % to 50 % of standard flour, depending on the recipe. Spent grain flour binds more water than standard flour, is low in gluten, aromatic and rich in fibre and protein. See also our recipes for inspirations and quantities.
Because it brings your culinary products to the next level!
- Elevate the aroma and character of your dishes. Think of it as a spice. You will taste the unique aromas of our 3 flour variants that range from a mild taste of cereal from a delicate and slightly sweet aroma of caramel and nuts and even intense notes of roasted grain, coffee and chocolate.
- Obtain appetizing colours in your culinary creations. Our variant colours are golden, light brown and dark brown. That will also show in your creations and make them different from just using standard baking flour for example.
- Boost the fibre and protein content just by adding a little Agrain spent grain flour. Our flour contains approx. 50% of fibre and 20 % of protein.
- Contribute to saving good food from being wasted, as you are using upcycled ingredients.
- Bread and baked products in general
- Meat alternatives
- Baking mixes
Our flour contains approx. 50% of fibre and 20 % of protein.
- 01 Pilsner Spent Grain Flour has a mild authentic aroma with a light taste of cereal.
- 02 IPA Spent Grain Flour has a delicate aroma of caramel and nuts. Its grain composition will give a hint of sweetness and enhance the umami effect of your culinary creations.
- 03 Stout Spent Grain Flour has intense notes of roasted grain, coffee and chocolate.
Upcycling means converting resources, that would otherwise have been lost to human consumption, into new products of higher value. It contributes to sustainability by reducing food waste and conserving valuable resources.
Breweries usually direct spent grains to farms for animal feed, biogas production or just discard them. Agrain gives them a second chance and transforms spent grains into aromatic and nutritious flours and like so, we keep valuable ingredients in the food chain without cultivating more land.
We are located in Denmark and collect the spent grains from local breweries.