Apple pie with 01 Pilsner Spent Grain Flour
- Mix wheat and 01 Pilsner Spent Grain Flour and crumble the butter into the flour mixture.
- Add heavy cream and combine the dough (be careful not to over-knead it).
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 225 °C (top/bottom heat). Roll out the dough and grease the tart pan with butter. Peel ca. 500 g of apples and cut them into thin slices.
- Arrange the apples slices on the bottom of the tart pan in a pattern.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture over each layer of apples.
- Bake the tart for about 30 minutes until the apples are soft and lightly golden.
- Serve the apple tart with whipped cream or a rich creme fraiche.
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ) 1035
Energy (kcal) 248
Fat (g) 16,1
- of which saturates (g) 10,2
Carbohydrate (g) 21,1
- of which sugars (g) 12,8
Dietary fibre (g) 4,4
Protein (g) 2,7
Salt (g) 0,2