Burger buns with 01 Pilsner Spent Grain Flour
- Dissolve the yeast in the water.
- Then, combine the flours, sugar, and salt, mixing them together thoroughly. Add half of the flour mixture to the water and stir well.
- Add the egg and incorporate it into the dough.
- Gradually add the rest of the flour mixture while stirring. Once the dough comes together, add the soft butter and mix it in for about 8 minutes.
- After the butter is fully incorporated, let the dough rise in a warm place for one hour, covered with a damp cloth.
- After the dough has risen, transfer it onto a floured surface and shape it into a log. Cut it into either 14 large pieces or 20 small pieces and shape them into buns.
- Place your buns on two baking trays and let them rise for 30 minutes under a damp cloth.
- After the buns have finished rising, give them a gentle press to achieve the desired size.
- Let them rise again for one hour under a damp cloth. Preheat the oven to 220 °C (fan oven).
- Bake the buns for 10-14 minutes, depending on their size.
You can choose to brush your buns with beaten egg and/or sprinkle them with sesame seeds.
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ) 1.012
Energy (kcal) 242
Fat (g) 5,3
- of which saturates (g) 2,8
Carbohydrate (g) 38,5
- of which sugars (g) 3,4
Dietary fibre (g) 5,1
Protein (g) 7,1
Salt (g) 0,9