Chocolate brownie with 03 Stout Spent Grain Flour
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bain marie and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar together until they form a fluffy mixture.
- Mix the melted chocolate and butter with the beaten eggs and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix 03 Stout Spent Grain Flour, vanilla sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Next, incorporate the flour, vanilla sugar, and baking powder, and finally, mix in the chopped walnuts.
- Spread the cake batter in a baking tin ca. 25 cm x 35 cm in size. The cake's height should be approximately 3 cm since it won't rise significantly during baking.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan-oven) and bake for ca. 35 - 40 minutes until the top is dry and almost firm when gently touched. You can test if it is done by inserting a fork into the cake in the oven. When the fork comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Let the brownie cool for 15 - 20 minutes before cutting it into small squares (ca. 2.5 x 2.5 cm).
- First, trim off the edges, and then you should have around 25 pieces per cake.
You can use darker chocolate or mix different types of chocolate. You can add mini-marshmallows, mini-caramels, mini-butterscotch, and use your favourite nuts
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ) 1.577
Energy (kcal) 377
Fat (g) 14,5
- of which saturates (g) 5,1
Carbohydrate (g) 50,6
- of which sugars (g) 47,0
Dietary fibre (g) 6,4
Protein (g) 7,6
Salt (g) 0,5