Chocolate chip and orange Cookies with 03 Stout Spent Grain Flour
- Beat the butter, soft brown sugar and sugar together until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and grated orange zest and juice and mix thoroughly (you can use an electric mixer).
- In a separate bowl, mix the 03 Stout Spent Grain Flour, wheat flour, baking powder and salt. Add this dry mixture to the egg and butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Gently fold in the chopped nuts and dark chocolate.
- Form small balls of dough (50 g each) - flatten the balls either with your fingers or a fork and place them on a baking tray, spacing them 5 cm apart as they will spread during baking.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes at 190 °C (fan oven) until golden. Be careful not to overbake the cakes; they should be slightly soft and chewy in the centre when cooled.
- Leave the cakes to cool on the baking tray until set, then transfer them to a wire rack.
Walnuts can be substituted with other types of nuts, and if you prefer a less strong chocolate flavour, a milder chocolate can be used.
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ)
- of which saturates (g)
- of which sugars (g)
Dietary fibre (g)