Ciabatta rolls with 03 Stout Spent Grain Flour
- Dissolve the yeast in the water and then add the wheat flour. Mix the ingredients for 1 minute until they come together.
- Add the 03 Stout Spent Grain Flour and salt to the mixture.
- Knead the dough in a stand mixer for 10-12 minutes until you achieve an elastic consistency, and the dough starts to pull away from the edges of the bowl. You won't get quite the same results with gluten testing on this dough, where you can stretch it paper thin before it breaks, but it's not necessary - you'll still get a nice airiness and crispness!
- Transfer the dough into an oiled bowl, cover it, and place it in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- After that, remove the dough from the fridge and let it rest in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 250 °C (fan oven). If you use a baking steel, remember to heat it up well in advance.
- Once the 2 hours are up, carefully transfer the dough onto a floured surface without kneading it. Chop small pieces of dough, sprinkle with flour and gently lift onto a piece of baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approx. 16 minutes. Let the buns cool on a wire rack.
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ) 614
Energy (kcal) 147
Fat (g) 1,2
- of which saturates (g) 0,2
Carbohydrate (g) 25,6
- of which sugars (g) 0,5
Dietary fibre (g) 5,5
Protein (g) 5,5
Salt (g) 0,8