Cinnamon bread with 03 Stout Spent Grain Flour
- Start by taking the butter from the fridge to allow it to soften and reach room temperature.
- Warm the milk and pour it into a stand mixer. The milk should not exceed 37 °C, otherwise the yeast will not be able to work.
- Dissolve the yeast in the milk and whisk in the eggs while stirring. Gradually, add the flour and knead together for 5 minutes.
- Add the softened butter and knead the dough for a further 10 minutes until the dough is soft and pliable. Let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Now make the Butter-sugar paste by mixing all the ingredients together into a uniform mass.
- When the dough has finished rising, roll it out into a 30 x 40 cm rectangle.
- Carefully spread the paste on the dough and roll it up along the long edge.
- Cut the dough into slices and place them tightly in a loaf tin with the centre facing up.
- Leave the bread to rise for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, switch on the oven at 190 °C.
- When the dough has risen, brush the bread with beaten egg and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool the cinnamon bread slightly and mix a glaze of icing sugar and boiled water.
- Decorate the cinnamon bread with icing and enjoy the delicious, spongy bread!
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ) 1468
Energy (kcal) 351
Fat (g) 16,7
- of which saturates (g) 10,1
Carbohydrate (g) 42,2
- of which sugars (g) 15,6
Dietary fibre (g) 3,0
Protein (g) 6,5
Salt (g) 1,2