Cinnamon rolls with vanilla cream and 03 Stout Spent Grain Flour
- Melt butter in a saucepan - add milk and let it become lukewarm.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and crumble and dissolve the yeast in it.
- Add sugar, salt, and beaten eggs. Mix wheat flour and 03 Stout Spent Grain Flour in another bowl.
- Add the flour gradually - stop when the dough is smooth and elastic. It can be slightly sticky as the wheat flour will absorb some of the liquid during rising.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, while the dough is rising, you can prepare the Butter-sugar paste: and vanilla cream.
- Mix brown sugar, syrup, cinnamon, and room-temperature butter until it forms a consistent mixture.
- Turn on the hob (medium heat) and place a saucepan on it.
- Whisk egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla sugar together in the saucepan.
- Once the mixture is free of lumps, add milk.
- Bring the saucepan to a boil while stirring.
- When the cream has thickened to the desired consistency, remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool with a piece of plastic wrap covering it.
- When the dough has risen, roll it out into a large rectangle on a floured surface (Ca. 30x25 cm).
- Spread the Butter-sugar paste: evenly on the rolled-out dough.
- Roll the dough tightly along the long side.
- Cut the roll into 8 equal pieces and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (fan oven) and let the pieces rise for 30 minutes under a cloth.
- Once the rolls have risen, brush them with beaten egg.
- Make a small hole in the middle with your finger and add a teaspoon of vanilla cream. You can also use a piping bag for this.
- Bake the rolls for about 10-15 minutes until they are golden.
- While the rolls are baking, prepare the glaze.Mix boiling water, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar together.
- Add water gradually until it reaches the right consistency.
- Once the rolls are done, top them with the glaze.
- You can freeze the rolls if you can't eat them all at once. In that case, it's best not to apply the glaze, as reheating with glaze is not be recommended.
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ) 1376
Energy (kcal) 329
Fat (g) 16,4
- of which saturates (g) 10,0
Carbohydrate (g) 37,8
- of which sugars (g) 17,0
Dietary fibre (g) 2,8
Protein (g) 6,2
Salt (g) 0,4