Flute with 02 IPA Spent Grain Flour
- Start by dissolving the yeast in cold water. Then mix together the honey, salt and spent grain flour.
- Add the wheat flour little by little - the dough should be soft and pliable but can be on the wet side.
- Leave the dough to rise on the kitchen counter for at least 3-4 hours - preferably overnight, so the flavour develops best.
- When the dough has finished rising, shape the dough on a floured surface.
- To form a real flute, flatten the dough slightly and fold the sides over each other. Then flatten the ends of the folded dough and fold it slightly over the bread.
- Now roll it round with your hands and press it flat once more, folding the sides over each other.
- Finally, roll until the dough has the right length and thickness and place the flutes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 225 °C (fan oven).
- When the oven is hot, brush the bread with beaten egg and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bread and let it cool slightly.
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ) 794
Energy (kcal) 190
Fat (g) 1,2
- of which saturates (g) 0,2
Carbohydrate (g) 35,6
- of which sugars (g) 1,9
Dietary fibre (g) 4,7
Protein (g) 6,2
Salt (g) 1,8