Frangipani tart with cherries and 01 Pilsner Spent Grain Flour
- Combine the butter, icing sugar, almond flour, eggs, vanilla sugar with an electric mixer.
- Mix the wheat flour, 01 Pilsner Spent Grain Flour and salt and add it to the butter and sugar mixture. Knead the dough until smooth.
- Use two pieces of baking paper and roll out the dough between them. The dough should be about 3 mm thick.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 1 hour. Grease the pie dish and place the pie dough in the dish. If there is any excess pastry, cut it off.
- Place a piece of baking paper on top of the pie, then place dried beans (or other) on top to add weight to the pie.
- Bake the pie dough in the oven at 180 °C for 10 minutes. Then remove the baking paper and beans.
- Continue baking for 5-10 minutes until the pie is golden. Allow to cool on a baking tray.
- Combine the wheat and 01 Pilsner Spent Grain Flour in a bowl and set the bowl aside.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs - one at a time - and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla sugar and lemon zest and mix again.
- Finally, add the mixed flours. Stir until you have a smooth mixture. Place the frangipani on top of the cooled tart. It should be spread into a uniform mass.
- Take the cherries, spread them evenly over the cake and press them slightly into the frangipani.
- Finally, sprinkle almond flakes over the cake and place it in the oven for 30 minutes at 180 °C or until golden.
- You can check if the cake has baked enough by inserting a fork into the cake - if the fork comes out clean, it is done.
- Leave the cake to cool completely on a baking tray and sprinkle icing sugar on top.
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ) 1734
Energy (kcal) 414
Fat (g) 30,4
- of which saturates (g) 13,9
Carbohydrate (g) 25,4
- of which sugars (g) 10,4
Dietary fibre (g) 6,0
Protein (g) 10,1
Salt (g) 0,3