Lucia chocolate wreath with 01 Pilsner Spent Grain Flour
- Melt and mix all ingredients when the dough is first set to rise.
- When the mixture is smooth, remove it from the heat and let it cool slowly in the pan.
- Grind saffron with a small amount of sugar in a mortar.
- Dissolve the yeast in the milk, add the saffron, sugar, melted butter, salt and eggs to the milk mixture.
- Then add the 01 Pilsner Spent Grain Flour and dissolve the flour in the mixture.
- Add the wheat flour a little at a time. The dough should be quite wet.
- Leave the dough to rise on the kitchen counter for a couple of hours under a damp whisper (to approx. double in size).
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts.
- Shape each part into a long roll (approx. 60 cm) and flatten with your fingers.
- Spread the cooled chocolate butter in a generous layer.
- Fold each flat roll over itself lengthwise so that the chocolate is roughly covered (it doesn't matter if there are holes).
- Next, braid 3 rolls together and secure them at the ends to form a wreath. Repeat with the last 3 rolls.
- Let the wreaths rise for about 30 minutes.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake for approx. 20 min at 200 C (regular oven).
- When the wreaths are removed from the oven, brush them with sugar glaze. This gives a nice glaze and prevents the bread from becoming dry and hard.
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ)
- of which saturates (g)
- of which sugars (g)
Dietary fibre (g)