Pita bread with 01 Pilsner Spent Grain Flour
- Pour the water into a bowl and dissolve the yeast in it.
- Mix 01 Pilsner Spent Grain Flour with the wheat flour and add about three quarters of the mixed flour to the yeast mixture. Add salt.
- Add the rest of the flour, a little at a time, and knead into a supple and smooth dough that does not stick to your fingers.
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and leave the dough to rise on the kitchen table until it has at least doubled in size (approx. 1 hour).
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and divide it into 8 equal parts. Roll into a ball and then roll each ball into a circle about ½ cm thick. Be careful not to make them too thick.
- Place the pitas on a baking tray lined with baking paper and let them rise for about 15 minutes.
- Place the tray on the centre rack in a 250°C oven and bake the pitas for about 8 minutes until they puff up.
- Eat the pitas freshly baked and warm, or let them cool and give them a brief warming in the oven before serving.
- If you refrigerate the pitas, place them on a baking tray and cover them with a tea towel while they cool to prevent them from becoming dry and hard.
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ) 838
Energy (kcal) 200
Fat (g) 1,3
- of which saturates (g) 0,3
Carbohydrate (g) 37,1
- of which sugars (g) 0,3
Dietary fibre (g) 4,7
Protein (g) 7,1
Salt (g) 0,3