Rye buns with chocolate with 03 Stout Spent Grain Flour
- Put rye kernels, pumpkin seeds, chopped almonds, flax seeds in a bowl of boiling water.
- Let it stand and absorb the liquid for approx. 60 minutes - it is important that the mixture is lukewarm before proceeding.
- Dissolve the yeast in cold water in a small bowl.
- When the yeast has dissolved in the water, pour this over the lukewarm mixture of kernels and seeds. In addition, add honey and salt and stir.
- Then add rye flour and 03 Stout Spent Grain Flour and mix thoroughly.
- Finely chop the dates and the chocolate coarsely and stir it together with the dough in the bowl. Finely chop the hazelnuts and put them in a bowl.
- Form balls of the dough with a tablespoon and turn them around in the hazelnuts - place them directly on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Let the buns rise covered for 3 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C (fan oven) and bake the buns for 25-30 minutes, until they are crispy and golden.
If you cannot tolerate hazelnuts, they can be replaced with other nuts or excluded entirely. If you want the buns to be completely round, you can bake them in a round muffin tin.
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ) 1154
Energy (kcal) 276
Fat (g) 15,9
- of which saturates (g) 2,6
Carbohydrate (g) 21,2
- of which sugars (g) 6,3
Dietary fibre (g) 7,8
Protein (g) 9,0
Salt (g) 0,7