Squash pie with 01 Pilsner Spent Grain Flour
- In a bowl, mix the three types of flour together with the salt.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and blend it with the flour and salt using either a food processor or a fork. The consistency should be like grated cheese.
- Add water and quickly gather the dough. Do not knead, just shape it into a flat disk.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Clean the leek and zucchini.
- Slice the leek into thin rounds, and the zucchini into ½ cm thick slices.
- Heat a pan with a little olive oil and sauté the leek slices until they soften. Set them aside in a separate bowl.
- Sauté the zucchini slices for a few minutes on each side – they can get some colour. Sprinkle the slices with dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg together with the skyr.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan oven).
- Grease the pie dish with a little olive oil and roll out the pie crust to fit the dish. Press it against the edges and prick it with a fork.
- Pre-bake the pie crust for 10 minutes at 200°C (fan oven).
- Then remove the pie crust from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 180°C (fan-oven).
- Fill the pie first with the egg-skyr mixture, then add the leeks. Slice the goat cheese thinly and layer it on top of the zucchini slices.
- Add a sprinkle of dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C (fan oven) for about 20 minutes, until the egg mixture has set. Enjoy with a good salad.
If you're not a fan of goat cheese, you can use feta instead.
Note: Nutritional content only applies to the pie crust.
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ) 2006
Energy (kcal) 480
Fat (g) 32,2
- of which saturates (g) 20,4
Carbohydrate (g) 37,5
- of which sugars (g) 0,6
Dietary fibre (g) 6,5
Protein (g) 7,4
Salt (g) 2,7