Tea buns with 01 Pilsner Spent Grain Flour
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water.
- In a separate bowl, mix 01 Pilsner Spent Grain Flour, wheat flour, sugar, and sea salt.
- Add the flour mixture and the two eggs to the water with yeast. Knead the dough well for about 5 minutes in a stand mixer at speed 2.
- Then add the softened butter and knead for an additional 5-6 minutes until the butter is fully incorporated into the dough, and the dough becomes smooth and glossy. The dough will still be quite sticky.
- Let the dough rise for about 2 hours on the kitchen counter with a damp cloth covering it.
- After rising, shape the dough into 12-16 rolls, depending on how large you want them to be – remember they will rise again to double in size.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, cover them again with a damp cloth, and let them rise for about 1.5 hours at room temperature.
- Brush the rolls with beaten egg and sprinkle with cane sugar or sesame seeds.
- Bake the rolls for 15 minutes at 220°C (fan oven). Let the rolls cool on a wire rack, so they don't become too soft at the bottom.