Vegan croissants with 01 Pilsner Spent Grain Flour
- Mix all ingredients except margarine in a mixing bowl and stir the dough together at low speed until it's smooth.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll it out to 25 x 25 cm. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Roll the margarine out to 15 x 15 cm and refrigerate it for about 20 minutes.
- After approximately 20 minutes, remove the dough from the fridge and roll it into a rectangle with a thickness of 1 cm.
- Place the cold margarine in the center of the dough.
- Fold the two sides of the dough over the margarine.
- Then fold the dough in half.
- Turn the dough 90 degrees and roll it lengthwise until it's about 2 cm thick.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator and let it rest for about ½ hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and repeat the folding/rolling process two more times.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of about ½ cm. Then, cut the dough into triangles and roll them up from the wide side.
- Place the croissants on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, with the seam side down, and let them rise until doubled in size. You can also freeze the croissants without letting them rise.
- Brush the croissants with a beaten egg and bake them at approximately 210 degrees Celsius for 10-12 minutes.
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ) 976
Energy (kcal) 223
Fat (g) 1,4
- of which saturates (g) 0,2
Carbohydrate (g) 44,5
- of which sugars (g) 4,1
Dietary fibre (g) 5,6
Protein (g)) 7,3
Salt (g) 1,1