Pumpkin pie with 03 Stout Spent Grain Flour
- Take eggs and butter out of the refrigerator 1 hour before you begin.
- Mix the butter and sugar. Then, add the eggs one at a time and the grated zest from an orange.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, spent grain grain flour, cinnamon, ground cloves, salt, and baking powder. Gently fold this mixture into the egg/sugar mixture.
- Finally, fold in the finely grated pumpkin.
- Transfer the batter into a greased baking tin, approximately 25x35 cm, and bake at 170 degrees Celsius for about 40 minutes.
- Cakes that contain spent grain flour usually need a bit more baking time, so keep an eye on the cake.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar or serve it with your preferred topping, such as creme fraiche with 38% fat content, orange zest, and toasted hazelnut flakes.
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ) 1.286
Energy (kcal) 308
Fat (g) 18,9
- of which saturates (g) 11,5
Carbohydrate (g) 27,8
- of which sugars (g) 15,3
Dietary fibre (g) 3,6
Protein (g) 5,1
Salt (g) 0,6