Gingerbread cake with 02 IPA Spent Grain Flour
- Whisk the sugar and butter together in a bowl until the mixture becomes fluffy and creamy. Then add the eggs, brown sugar, dark syrup and whisk well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (baking powder, spices, wheat flour, 02 IPA Spent Grain Flour and salt) together in a bowl.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and whisk well until the dough is smooth and uniform.
- Add boiling water a little at a time until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Grease a 22 x 33 cm tin and pour the batter into it.
- Bake the cake for approx. 30-35 minutes at 180 °C. You can test if the cake is done by taking a fork and gently inserting it into the cake. If there is no dough on the fork, the cake is done. Cool the cake on a baking tray.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting by whisking icing sugar with cream cheese. When the cake has cooled, spread the frosting over the cake.
- Add grated orange peel or cinnamon stick on top if desired.
Nutritional contentEnergy (kJ) 1203
Energy (kcal) 288
Fat (g) 14,9
- of which saturates (g) 8,9
Carbohydrate (g) 27,4
- of which sugars (g) 15,3
Dietary fibre (g) 8,9
Protein (g) 7,0
Salt (g) 0,9